Now that winter has passed and spring is finally here, I have had a chance to reflect on my first year in business as a massage therapist. 2015 was a busy year! My first year has brought many wonderful clients into my life, and I continue to be truly grateful for being able to do what I love, and what I feel to be my calling. A year and over 500 massages later, this is what I have learned in my first year:
Helping clients feel better is still the most important thing in what I do. So it is important to me to be able to customize each client’s massage session to address their individual needs. In addition to traditional Swedish massage and craniosacral therapy, I now offer:
* hot stone massage
* prenatal massage
* active isolated stretching
* trigger point therapy
* deep tissue therapy
* enhancement services such as sugar foot scrubs, aromatherapy and topicals
Providing value for my clients continues to be important to me. I believe in making wellness an integral and affordable part of their lives, so I offer the following:
* Clients receive a full 60 minutes of massage, not the typical 50. Hot bamboo is included at no charge.
* An introductory rate of $40/hr
* A client loyalty discount: if clients continue to prebook their next session, they get to keep the $40/hr rate.
* Seniors 70 years and older pay only $25/hr.
* Massage students pay only $25/hr.
* Add-on enhancement services are only $5.
Looking out for my clients’ best interests is important to me. On the horizon will be advanced training in kinesiology taping, structural integration and manual lymphatic therapy, so stay tuned! Continued health and blessings to all in 2016.